Thursday, February 23, 2012

Praying the Bible Into Your Life

A Review of:  Praying The Bible Into Your Life by Stormie Omartian (audiobook)

As I listened, the Scripture, "Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God" (Romans 10:17) kept coming to mind.  This audiobook is a collection of 194 Scriptures and prayers, divided into short chapters. The book is 99 minutes long.

As each Scripture reading and prayer is very short, the narrator moves seamlessly into each section. I listened to this in iTunes, and each segment had a description of what the Scripture is about. In this venue, it was very easy to identify which segment would be helpful for any life situation that a person might find himself in. I thought that the Scripture and accompanying prayer meshed together very well. The narrator (Tavia Gilbert) has a very comforting voice; and added to the peace and comfort that hearing the Scriptures themselves give; this was a very easy audio book to listen to. I can definitely see keeping this book very close for those times when God's Word is needed as a reference.

Disclaimer:  I was provided with a copy of this audio book as a part of the christianaudio Reviewers Program in exchange for my unbiased review of this work.  This has in no way influenced my opinion or review of this work.  For more information about this and other Christian audio books visit christianaudio.com.

No comments: