Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Let's Do Lunch by Roger Troy Wilson



















Powered by Ingram Digital
I was skeptical when I read the title. After all, we know that you can’t eat all that you want and lose weight. And a bit later in the book, the author says you don’t even have to exercise. That just goes against all that I’ve been taught about nutrition. The last thing the world needs is an “eat all you want, don’t have to exercise” weight loss plan that doesn’t work.


Roger Troy Wilson starts off with his story. A sad, but compelling story of growing up very overweight. His reward, or his fix when he was depressed, or socialization with friends and family revolved around food. Through the years, his weight finally topped off at 425 pounds, at which point, he said “Enough!” He says that God woke him in the middle of the night and gave him these ideas on how to lose weight.


So here the rubber meets the road. I was pleasantly surprised as I read his ideas. No gimmicks here. His writing style is very light and easy to read. His ideas were very thought provoking, and caused me to examine my own eating habits.


I also am on a weight loss journey. He spelled out in detail how to succeed in this endeavor - in easy, bite-sized steps. As a bonus, at the end of the book are recipes that don’t sound like “diet” food – but actually food I would like to try. I can't wait to go grocery shopping and get the ingredients for some new dishes!

(A complimentary copy of this book was provided by Book Sneeze for an unbiased review).

No comments: