
Randy Simpkins didn't have his priorities straight. Always working to provide for his family; spending little time at home, his marriage was on the rocks. When preparing to go away for a much needed vacation, Randy and Christal's two year son, Joe, disappears.
This story is an emotional roller coaster from the disappearance til the very end. Interestingly enough, I think that I felt more concerned and scared than the character Christal did. I didn't think that she was very believable as a distraught mother at the beginning. I kept putting myself in her position, and I'm quite sure I would probably have to be tranquilized under a similar situation.
But as the movie continued (what made it more compelling for me to finish it is the fact that it is a true story) I was glad that I kept watching. The heart of the community that gathered around Randy and Christal to help search for little Joe was indeed inspiring.
So the bottom line - I enjoyed this movie. The acting got better as it went on. One of the storylines was very touching, and the fact that it was based on a true story added quite a bit of interest to the overall story.
I received a free copy of this movie from Thomas Nelson in exchange for my unpaid and unbiased review.
No comments:
Post a Comment