Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

I can't believe that Christmas is over.  Well, the Christmas holiday anyway.  I believe that we shouldn't celebrate Christmas only one day a year, in December - but...rather everyday.  We who believe in Jesus Christ, have reason to celebrate Immanuel - God with us - all throughout the year.

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve service.  Our pastor asked us a poignant question.  "What are you going to give to Jesus for His birthday?"  We then wrote down our gift(s) on a piece of paper, and then 'nailed' them to the cross (with a push pin).  

Next week is the beginning of a new year.  Ah, time for the famous New Year's resolutions.  I am one who likes new years, new starts, new resolutions.  But I'm not very good in keeping them.  I am hoping that will change this year.

So, how about you?  What gift are/did you give to Jesus this year?  Did you give Him more of your heart?  Did you give Him the pain or bitterness of your life?

No comments: